Have you noticed all the litter that appears on the beach? Where do you think it comes from and what are the problems it can cause in the sea? What can we do about it?
I bet you have ideas and answers to these questions – SHARE them with us!
If you’re between 7 and 18 years old then get your camera ready and participate with your school class, club or association!
Learn about the problem of marine litter in the UK and shoot your story in a creative and insightful short video. Tell us why we should care, how it can be solved or what you have done in your school or community about this issue. If your video is one of the winners, we will make sure that your views are heard loud and strong, together with other youngsters from Europe!
Follow these 6 simple steps with children from your school, class, or club:
1. Register your interest to take part in the UK contest here by 8th November and you’ll be guaranteed a place! (takes 1 min)
3. Starter Quiz (5 mins) – get children to take this quiz BEFORE making the video. Then discuss it to get them thinking about marine litter and the contest
4. Get filming and produce your 2 minute video!
5. Prepare the submission documents and fill-in the submission form online
6. Plenary Quiz (5 mins) – get children to take this quiz AFTER submitting the video. Then discuss what they have learnt on this topic.
INFORMATION SOURCE: MARLISCO European Video Contest